Course for animators
The Rehobot Foundation has organized a training course for animators lasting a total of 40 working days and at three-month intervals for each training phase.
The course took place in the Foundation’s headquarters, from 4 to 8 pm and with a large participation of young people.
1st phase: Theoretical training
- understand and deepen the role of the animator and his / her responsibilities
- run a holiday center
- organize playful activities in a parish, village or city neighborhood,
- plan and implement the various activities
- respect the timetables
- adapt the activities to the age of the participants
- learn about the psychology of the participants.
Very interesting were the instructions on how to practice first aid and monitor the safety of participants, especially children, in traffic areas, on trips, at the seaside.
2nd phase: Practical training
Future animators learned:
- to create dolls with paper or with old colored socks, greeting cards, masks, costumes and sets for fairy tales;
- to organize indoor and outdoor games, identifying with the subjects to whom they will be destined;
- to invent stories for puppets.
3. phase: Didactics of training
The animators gave to the course colleagues and in the presence of the trainers some of the theoretical lessons they had learned and explained about the games that had not been covered during the lessons to test their communication skills. At the end of each lesson the colleagues expressed their opinion in writing, followed by a discussion and verification.
At the end of the course, a week of playful activities was organized for children and young people in various parish centers.
The course was structured and conducted by competent teachers sent by Secours Catholique (Caritas France) of Lille and coming from the BAFA Institute (Center for the Training of Animators).
At the end of the course, the director of Secours Catholique in Lille, Michel Hanscotte, delivered a certificate.